
The picture isn't very clear but here is the story. Apparently when you live in Arizona you must be aware of the fact that the ground gets hot. Not just hot but scalding hot. Jilliann and I were at Christian's preschool Mother's Day show. When it was over we went outside to the play ground. It is covered with shade things and is made with squishy stuff that is soft to land on and doesn't get as hot as cement. Jilliann was playing with all the "big" kids (with no shoes on of course!) and went under the play bridge to the other side of the jungle gym. I didn't know the other side was NOT covered so the squishy stuff is exposed to full sun. As soon as she stepped on it she screamed that scream when you KNOW something is wrong. I ran over and her poor little skin had already been seared to the ground. I ended up going to the ER and getting pain medication and some cream. Her blisters were HUGE but today (Sunday) they popped. I have them bandaged up and she is walking on them. Poor baby. I feel so bad but realize it is life. Lesson learned...shoes are required in Arizona summers!
No comments:
Post a Comment