Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The dog, a cat and a drawer...




2 weeks ago my brilliant daughter was screaming her head off in the little boys room. The cat was also in there screaming his head off. I went in to see Jilliann sitting on the floor holding her arm and the cat half stuck in a drawer flailing around. It was actually quite funny. I assumed Jilliann must have tried to stick him in the drawer and he bit her. I got the cat unstuck and picked up Jilly. She laid her head down on me and cried for a while. When I pulled her back to see what happened to her we were both covered in blood. I eventually realized her finger as barely hanging on and off to the ER we went. She broke the tip of her finger bone and almost severed her finger. The nail has since fallen off and we are keeping it bandaged as much as possible. I took her last week to a hand specialist and he thinks it will heal fine though I cannot imagine how because it looks so mangled and nasty. She loves to show everyone her "owie" but it hasn't stopped her one bit from being a little daredevil. She was on the trampoline within a few hours of being home from the ER and is her usual crazy self. Just one day of peace and quiet is all I really want.....

No comments: